With Innovation and Partnerships, Cisco highlights the driving forces behind the improved portfolio
Cisco Live delivers education and inspiration to technology innovators worldwide through large-scale events and on-demand education. It is the premier destination for Cisco customers and partners to gain knowledge and build community. As the place where the best and the brightest minds in IT come to learn, Cisco Live ignites creativity, delivers practical know-how, and accelerates connections. Scheduled from February 5-9, 2024 at RAI Amsterdam the event powers the inclusive future ahead.
Oliver Tuszik, Cisco’s president for Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), addressed the audience at Cisco Live Amsterdam emphasizing the prevailing tech momentum across the region. Highlighting the imperative nature of technology amidst mega projects in the Middle East and the forthcoming Paris Olympics, Tuszik underscored the pressing challenges such as warfare, climate change, energy costs, and political instability.
“It’s clear that technology is key. Without it, we wouldn’t be able to manage the challenges we’re facing globally.” – Tuszik
With over 14,000 attendees, Cisco Live serves as the prime platform to showcase the company’s significant innovations shaping the world today. Artificial intelligence, hailed by Tuszik as “the biggest disruptor ever,” commanded widespread attention. Recognizing the necessity of adopting AI innovatively and effectively, Tuszik praised “the best Cisco portfolio ever” to address these challenges.
The event underscored Cisco’s commitment to aiding customers in navigating and thriving amidst disruption, featuring success stories from industry giants like L’Oreal and HSBC. Tuszik offered assurance, stating that the company could assist in establishing the right infrastructure for AI implementation, guaranteeing the secure and responsible use of its potential.
Cisco Unveils Solutions for Today’s AI Challenges with Enhanced Networking and Strategic Partnerships
Cisco is committed to leveraging AI to advance digitalization and unlock outcomes for all, declared Jonathan Davidson, EVP and General Manager for Networking. Addressing the increasing network demands of AI workloads, Cisco boasts key solutions and partnerships:
1. Cisco Networking Cloud: This AI-powered platform simplifies and secures network management across entire infrastructures, consolidating assets and offering enhanced observability.
2. Cisco ThousandEyes integration: Deepening insights, ThousandEyes provides billions of daily measurements across various networks, enabling proactive issue detection and improved user experience.
3. Silicon One architecture: Revolutionizing performance, Silicon One delivers significant speed, capacity, and energy savings, as demonstrated by a 97% power reduction for Colt Technology Services.
4. Strategic partnerships: Expanding leadership, Cisco collaborates with:
NVIDIA: Integrating NVIDIA GPUs into Cisco solutions for reliable, scalable, and sustainable AI architectures.
Cisco Empowers Sustainable Growth with Integrated Technologies and Expertise
Sustainability is no longer optional; it’s a driving force for business success. Recognizing this, Cisco offers comprehensive solutions powered by technology and deep expertise to help organizations achieve profitable growth alongside sustainability goals.
Adele Trombetta, Cisco’s SVP and GM for CX in EMEA, emphasized:
- Profitable Growth and Sustainability Go Hand-in-Hand: Leveraging Cisco’s Silicon One architecture, AI capabilities, full-stack observability, and dedicated sustainability experts, organizations can reimagine their data centers with significant power reductions and operational cost savings, all while enhancing employee experience.
- Cisco Webex Control Hub: A Sustainability Champion: This platform integrates energy-saving features alongside powerful AI-driven functionalities for video, device, and network performance management, showcasing Cisco’s commitment to embedding sustainability across its technologies.
Jeetu Patel, EVP and GM of Security and Collaboration unveiled further advances:
- Webex Control Hub’s New Low-Carbon Mode: This feature optimizes platform operations for minimal energy consumption, further supporting environmentally conscious practices.
Customer Success Story:
- Umar Ahmed, Director and Global Head of Network Architecture for Deutsche Bank, shared: “We partnered with Cisco on our global data center sustainability strategy. Their expertise enables us to reduce our carbon footprint and increase our use of renewable energy, driving positive change.”
Embracing Innovation Through Internal Adoption
Cisco’s CIO, Fletcher Previn, serves as their “Customer Zero,” rigorously testing and adopting new networking and security solutions before a wider release. This firsthand experience allows him to highlight the substantial benefits, particularly around AI, in three key areas:
1. Enhanced Productivity: AI-powered features within Webex and Catalyst Center automate tasks previously performed manually, boosting efficiency. As Previn explains, “We can automate tasks every 30 seconds rather than every few months, significantly increasing productivity.”
2. Streamlined Simplicity: Platform-based solutions eliminate the need to integrate numerous point solutions. Previn emphasizes, “The integrated platform saves me complexity and makes IT management much simpler.”
3. Energy Savings: AI-driven capabilities also promote energy efficiency. Previn, a champion of this benefit, emphasizes its crucial role in responsible technology advancement.
This dedication to innovation, echoed by Cisco’s SVP Jeetu, extends across all business areas – networking, security, observability, and collaboration. By adopting and sharing these advancements, Cisco empowers organizations to achieve their unique goals with greater efficiency, simplicity, and sustainability.
FAQs on Cisco Live 2024
1. What are the key themes and focus areas of this year’s Cisco Live?
Cisco Live 2024 is expected to focus on key themes like:
Hybrid Multi-Cloud Networking: Strategies and solutions for managing complex network environments across clouds and on-premises infrastructure.
Cybersecurity & Zero Trust: Latest advancements in securing your network, data, and applications in a constantly evolving threat landscape.
AI & Automation: Leveraging AI to automate tasks, optimize performance, and gain actionable insights from data.
Collaboration & Productivity: Tools and technologies to enhance communication, teamwork, and employee experience.
Sustainability: Implementing sustainable IT practices and technologies to reduce environmental impact.
2. Are there opportunities to earn certifications or credits at Cisco Live?
Yes, Cisco Live offers various opportunities to earn certifications and continuing education credits through workshops, training sessions, and hands-on labs. Check the event schedule for specific options and eligibility requirements.
3. Will there be opportunities to connect with industry experts and network with other attendees?
Cisco Live provides numerous networking opportunities, including dedicated networking spaces, roundtable discussions, and social events. You can also connect with speakers, industry experts, and fellow attendees throughout the conference.
4. How long has Cisco Live been running?
Cisco Live has been a leading technology event for an impressive 27 years, starting as Networkers in 1998 and evolving to its current format. Through consistent adaptation and innovation, it has remained a valuable platform for networking, learning, and exploring the latest advancements in technology.
5. Who are the Exhibitors at Cisco Live 2024?
- Major technology companies like Microsoft, Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, and Dell Technologies.
- Cybersecurity vendors such as Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, and Crowdstrike.
- Networking hardware and software companies like HPE Aruba, Juniper Networks, and Arista Networks.
- Collaboration solution providers like Zoom, BlueJeans, and Avaya.
- Cloud service providers like NetApp, Nutanix, and VMware.
6. Who are the partners for Cisco Live 2024?
Cisco’s main strategic partners include NVIDIA, Nutanix, Dell Technologies, Intel, and Accenture. Smaller, innovative startups showcasing their solutions alongside Cisco technology. Educational institutions and non-profit organizations collaborate with Cisco on various initiatives.
[To share your insights with us as part of editorial or sponsored content, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org]